Corn-utopia


On tonight's menu was this Corn & Cheese Chowder.  I am so glad I found this recipe.  It is fantastic!  Its smells delicious, and comes together without too much work especially once you have all the chopping done.

As it's against house policy to follow recipes on a regular basis, I decided to make a half recipe.  Rice Krispie Treats are probably one of the few things we need 12 servings of in this house!  I also didn't use bread bowls.  As much as I love a bread bowl, I absolutely don't need all that bread on a regular basis.  Since it's mid-March, fresh sweet corn is not too plentiful, I used a couple of cans of sweet corn instead.  My half-and-half was the fat free variety, and I thought the soup was a great balance of creaminess without being too heavy.

Instead, we topped our soup with a little extra shredded Montery Jack and sharp cheddar cheese, green onions, and some tortilla chips.  More fabulousness.  You know it's good when I'm looking forward to leftovers!

Comments