Coconutty


Once in a while I'm willing to introduce some more exotic flavors into our rotation.  There isn't anything terribly new in this Lime and Coconut Chicken, but there are a few spices I don't use often.

For the most part I followed the recipe, save the heat adding elements of cayenne and chili.  I've learned my lesson on that front--no sneaking spicy food past the daughter!  I'm not sure whether I think it's worth the extra step to boil the sauce for topping the chicken (of course if you want the sauce, do boil it first!).  I didn't really need the extra sauce, and instead preferred to really taste the nicely caramelized flavor from the chicken.

This recipe was a nice change up from our usual fare, but it's not a flavor I want everyday.  If you're a curry fan, do give this a shot.  Although curry isn't the dominant flavor, it's definitely there.

Comments