Wheel of Fortune


I love when a recipe turns out as delicious as I imagine.  It feels a little like I've hit the jackpot.

In the case of these Sausage Pinwheels, I hit the jackpot.  My original pin had the Pillsbury recipe instructions, but took me here instead.  The second recipe looked good, but for a busy weeknight, I was happy to use the Crescent rolls.

Now, granted, there was never really any gamble here--sausage, cream cheese, and cheese--what could be wrong with that?  I did forego the green pepper because I wasn't feelin' it tonight, and I cheated and used dried minced onion because I was too lazy to chop some.  No matter, still delicious.

For the sake of time, I did skip the step of freezing the prepared roll, and I wish I hadn't.  The soft, filled dough was difficult to slice and move.  However, my family isn't looking for magazine or even blog pic perfect, just tasty, so things turned out okay.

These were tasty for supper, but they would also be delicious for breakfast, brunch, or as a game-day appetizer.

Comments