Back to the Ranch


Things at our house have taken on the fury of last minute holiday preparations, plus the slowing of my work schedule.  Thankfully, the two things work in harmony pretty well.

Even though I wasn't in the classroom, my day on Tuesday was pretty much an on-the-go kind of day, so this Chicken Bacon Ranch crockpot meal was low fuss and easy prep when served with simple egg noodles.  On the side, I served these Oven-Roasted Carrots.

While the chicken was a super easy recipe, no one at our house was totally impressed.  We didn't NOT like it, but there are many other things we like better.  For me, I think the ranch flavor dominated everything.  My husband said he couldn't taste the ranch at all.  We both agreed that perhaps his palate was not that refined, but also agreed that it didn't really matter if I didn't make it again.

The carrots, on the other hand, were delicious!  I love a new way to prepare veggies and this was a lovely, roasty-toasty, recipe.  I followed the recipe as suggested, but added a teaspoon or two of brown sugar to really amp up the sweetness.

All in all the meal wasn't a complete loss.  We ate and were filled, and I have a new carrot recipe in my arsenal   The chicken?  I'll leave for others to enjoy.

P.S. Please make it clear to your family that it's bacon not tomatoes in the chicken.  My little one was a bit confused and far more enthusiastic about bacon! :)

Comments