Vote for Pork

A friend recently remarked that she did not like pork chops.  As an Illinois girl, this is beyond my comprehension.  In the heart of pork production company, we often had pork as regularly as other meats when I was growing up.  I think that also means we used pork more ways than people from other parts of the country do.  I've never felt limited to preparing it one particular way as certain of my friends do.  In fact, I'm always on the look out for new ways of preparation, just to keep things interesting.

On election night I chose to make these Honey Garlic Pork Chops.  The flavor combination was one I knew we would enjoy, and the recipe was pretty simple.  Unfortunately, we had nasty cold and wet day which prevented me from grilling the chops, but they were good.  They would be better grilled, for sure, but paired with some noodles and veggies, it was a good dish to ward off the cold.

Comments