Now THAT's Pizza

We are winding down a year of monthly deacon visits to our house, but I had the chance to make one more dessert for the guys.

This Apple Crisp Pizza is good.  Very good.  I like the fact that you get the crumble topping from crisp, but don't miss out on pie crust (I'd hate to miss out on pie crust).  It's also much less intimidating to make.  The pie crust doesn't have to look pretty, and I appreciate that.  I hate trying to crimp the edges of pie crust.  Can't do it.  For my pizza, I used three Granny Smith apples and one Gala.  I thought it was a good combo of tart and sweet.

We served the guys the pizza with a scoop (or two) of ice cream, and, of course, a glass of milk.  Rave reviews all around.  One of them even said they would miss my desserts next year!

Comments