A New Way to Frito


Friday nights are perfect for comfort food, and this Oven-Baked Frito Pie fits the bill.  I ended up making the whole recipe, and it will be enough for us to enjoy this recipe another time--half went in the freezer for later. I will look forward to that day!

This recipe comes together pretty easily.  I noticed while I was assembling the dish was that I purchased the regular Fritos instead of the thicker scoop-type chips.  I think the regular ones worked just fine.  Otherwise, I followed the directions as listed.  One suggestion, you might enjoy extra Fritos as a side at the table.  We liked crunching some extra chips on our plate and/or using the chips to help scoop up the pie.


I wanted some freshly baked cookies to cap off our meal, but I felt a little guilty making more sweets when we still have so much Halloween candy hanging around.  I decided these Candy Bar Cookies were the perfect answer.  I was able to use several of the snack size Snickers and Twix bars, and the cookies were a delicious way to use them up.

Comments