Double Blah

For several items on my October menu, I went to recipes that had been camping out in my recipe books for a while.  And now maybe I know why they were left there untried for as long as they were.
 

These aren't bad dishes, they just aren't that great either.  Our Monday dish was this Chicken and Stuffing Strata from Family Circle.  It was certainly an easy enough dish, especially with cooked frozen chicken from my freezer.  It just didn't have the yummy cozy flavors that I remember from my mom's chicken strata years ago.
 

Then on Tuesday we had these Deconstructed Pear Pork Chops.  I wanted to love them so much.  They were so pretty!  All the flavors were good, but there just wasn't enough to pull them together into a cohesive dish.  There needed to be a sauce or else the pepper and pear need to go into the stuffing.  Either way, it wasn't special enough for me to try round two.

So there you have it.  Two so-so dishes.  It's been a bad run lately, I'm hoping for a winner soon!

Comments