Bake it Better

Just when I think I've tasted the best of the noodles and sauce genre, I find something else I like. 

Normally I'm not a fan of specialty products, especially those recipe that take two tablespoons and leave the remainder sitting around in my fridge forever.  In this case, I used the whole container of cooking creme and the dish tasted super yummy, so it was worth it.

I love recipes from Plain Chicken, and this Baked Penne is probably one of her best recipes that I've made. 

I followed the recipe's directions using Italian sausage and omitting green pepper.  The green pepper would defintiely be good, but I didn't feel like hearing "what's this" at the dinner table yet again.  My little one always objects to peppers in her food, even though she'll eat them when she doesn't know they are there.  I'll admit to taking the easy road on this one.

I would definitely make this dish again.  There is a creamy richness to this sauce that makes it different from other pasta dishes.  Although I'm not a big fan of all the dishes required, it is worth it.

Comments