Two for Tuesday

We are back from our last little getaway of summer, and starting the countdown to school.  Things are getting closer to our normal routine this week, and it's been fun to be back in my kitchen again.

Tuesday's plan called for this Pasta with Bacon and Fresh Corn.  This recipe is full of flavors we love and was very simple to make.  I actually used frozen corn instead of fresh because I was a bit short on time for tracking down fresh sweet corn.  It was still delicious and fresh tasting.  I also left out tarragon because I couldn't find either the fresh or dried variety.  Strange.

Tuesday was also the monthly Deacon meeting at our house.  I decided to try a popular pin, this Boston Cream Poke Cake.  I only made a half recipe because we didn't need a full 9x13 pan.  The guys loved it.  I thought it tasted pretty much like cake with pudding on top.  I'm normally a big fan of poke cake (the normal fruity Jello variety), so it was disappointing not to be more excited.  No reason not to make this dessert if you're a Boston Cream fan.  Just be prepared that Jello and cake might not exactly recreate a donut or standard dessert texture/flavor you were expecting.

Comments