Ha Waii Ya?

Summer time cooking in our house involves simples dinners, lots of grilling, and ultimately not a lot to report on the blog!

Today I tried a new recipe, Pineapple and Ham Calzone, that I pinned a while back.  It's a super simple recipe that was easy to make.  I changed up the mozzarella for low-fat fiesta blend cheese and added a few green onions because I had some on hand. 

In the words of Randy Jackson, "it was just okay for me, dog."  The flavor was okay, but not particularly earth-shattering.  Doubtful I'll rush out and add it to future menus.

What was super yummy, though, was my take on this Honey Lime Fruit Salad.  I've seen it pinned a lot, but didn't know whether it would be anything special.  Today I had a surplus of fruit that need to be used so thought I would make it a little extra special.  I used a combination of peach, strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries, then added a bit of lime zest and a drizzle of honey.  Delicious!  Can't wait to make some more!

Comments