Playing Catch Up

It seems like the end of the school year becomes a whirlwind for everyone - students, teachers, parents.  It is no exception in this household.  I keep ticking each event off the calendar and whispering to myself that I'm one step closer to freedom.

We've still been eating during the last week or so, but it has been more difficult for me to find the time to document and evaluate recipes during that time.  So here it is, folks, the summary recap of the last few meals I've made.  I don't like to do "lumped together" posts as a general rule, but I think in this case you'll all forgive me because you're just as busy and don't have time to read separate posts.  Am I right?

Last week Tortellini was on the menu, but I decided to change up the pasta for this Light Fettucine Alfredo.  It has a thick, rich sauce that does NOT taste light.

I'm not sure what recipe I originally had in mind when I put cheddar bacon chicken on the menu, but I ended up using this recipe from Taste of Home.  These are all delicious flavors and they all worked together very nicely.  A simple dish I'm sure I'll make again.

We finished out the month of April with a slight variation of this Low Fat Spinach Quiche.  We were out of town over the weekend, where much of our time was spent eating.  Back at home we were ready for some simpler fare so I went off menu and used up some ingredients hanging around.  I had a premade pie crust on hand that I substituted for the oat crust.  I also used a mixture of cheddar, swiss, and feta cheeses in the quiche.  I really enjoyed the quiche for dinner and the leftovers for breakfasts!

Comments