Long Name, Not Short on Flavor


Meatless recipes always seem hit or miss with me.  But this one is definitely a hit!  The name is a bit cumbersome--Gnocchi, Sweet Corn & Argula in Cream Sauce--nevertheless it's worth it.

While planning my May menu, we were roadtripping to celebrate my sister-in-law's graduation in Michigan.  I happened to bring along my most recent Better Homes and Garden magazine, where I spied this recipe.  Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

This recipe is filling without being heavy, and fresh without being unfinished.  I substituted fresh spinach for the argula because we like the flavor better, and I already had some at home.  I ended up using frozen corn.  As an Illinois girl, I know better than to buy grocery store sweet corn in early May!  Can't wait to try this again when there is fresh corn available--it will make it even better.

Comments