Heavenly? Perhaps.

This recipe for Heavenly Halibut was a Pinterest find.  I loved the catchy title and the chance for another fish recipe I could get excited about.

Unfortunately, our local Walmart did not have any Halibut, so I was already without a main ingredient.  I used this as an opportunity to try Swai.  Anything labeling itself as a flaky, white fish seemed innocuous enough.


As it turns out, I think I like Swai.  The flavor is indeed mild, and to my taste better than Tilapia.  It may be what I sub in for a lot of fish recipes from now on.

This is the first time I have broiled fish.  (Frankly, I don't broil much.  It scares me a little because I tend to do a million things while I'm cooking and broiling requires close attention.)  I liked the short cooking time.  Mine took a little longer than the suggested 6-8 minutes, but the fillets were still partially frozen.  The topping didn't get as bubbly as I'd like, but I may have hurried things along in order to get dinner on the table.

For fish, I like this recipe and it's quick preparation.  The little one gave it her seal of approval, so I probably will make it again, especially if I'm looking for a good way to save on calories.

I wanted some kind of a carby side to go along with our fish.  We've had a lot of rice and pasta here lately, and some fresh bread sounded good.  A can of pizza dough at the back of my fridge prompted me to find and make these knockoff  Easy Pizza Hut Breadsticks.  Instead of olive oil, I used butter.  They were deliciously buttery and salty (too salty for the five and a half year old), and we couldn't get enough.

Comments