The Best

It takes a lot to claim to be the best, and I'm always skeptical of such claims.  I am, however, often willing to put such claims to the test.

Pinterest pins often boast of greatness and this one for The Best Pork Chops You'll Ever Taste was among them.  I was low on pork recipes for this month's menu, so decided to give it a whirl.

These are good pork chops.  Crispy on the outside, tender and juice inside.  Maybe my standards are higher because we live in the heart of pork country, but I didn't find them outstanding.  Just good. 

Part of me was appalled at the amount of ingredients I threw away.  There is no way you need the three cups of bread crumbs called for in this recipe.  I know you need extra to get a good dredge for breading, but this was ridiculous (it also made calorie counting quite a challenge).  The seasoning itself was good, but not especially interesting.  Just ordinary flavors combined in a new way.

In sum, I'd say pretty good.  Worth trying.  Great?  Maybe.  Best ever?  No way.

Comments