Mid-East Mmmmmmmmmmm

In high school I was blessed to travel to the nation of Israel with my Mom and Dad, it is a trip of many memories for me.  Of the many memories, a lunchtime trip to a felafel restaurant.  Prior to this trip I had never even heard of felafel, so the idea of going to a restaurant where it was the only choice was a little daunting.  As it turns out, this was one of my favorite meals of the entire trip.

Since that trip I eat felafel every chance I get.  Fortunately, the large Lebanese population in central Illinois makes this treat easy to come by.  However, until this week, I had never made my own.

This Crockpot Felafel recipe was pretty easy to prepare.  I used my little food processor on both the chickpeas and the spices, egg, and lemon juice.  I used my large scoop to make even portions and then covered the bottom of my 6 quart crock.  I cooked these on low for two hours and high for another two.  They came out crispy, both top and bottom sides, even though I didn't turn them.  Topped with tomato, cucumber, onion, and cucumber sauce and stuffed into these,


they were delicious!  I think I would add a bit more seasoning in future.  I also want to find a way to get the texture a little finer.  Otherwise, easy to make, super easy to cook, healthy, and yummy!

Comments