Bacon Makes It Better

Double bacon success at the dinner table this week.  What a great week, thanks to more pinned recipes!

On Wednesday I made this Sweet and Tangy Chicken and Bacon.  It was very good, and I think it would be even better on the grill.  The brown sugar could caramelize a bit, and Mmmmmmmmmmmmm would it be good.

For our Thursday evening breakfast, I choose these Bacon Cheddar Scrambled Egg Nests from my Food board.  There's nothing especially razzle dazzle about this recipe, but all the ingredients are yummy so I knew they would go well together.  I layered my nests a little differently than the recipe suggests.  I browned the bacon in a skillet, then added some onion, and finally scrambled the eggs in with bacon and onion.  I love scrambled eggs cooked with bacon, so I couldn't not seize the opportunity to do it in this recipe. 
For my cheese sauce, I didn't have enough cheddar in the fridge so I combined what I had with some shredded swiss.  I doubt it had as a sharp a flavor as all cheddar would have, but it was good nonetheless.  I topped the eggs with the cheese sauce and some freshly snipped chives.

One note on creating the nests: when I pressed the glass straight down onto the baked biscuit, the whole thing flattened out.  Not very nest-like.  What seemed to work better, was using the edge of the class and gently pressing it around the biscuit edges.

Comments