In the Midst of Holiday Baking

I've been doing a whole bunch of holiday baking.  However, I don't have much to report yet, because I really haven't tasted the finished products of what I've been making.  I'm in a serious effort to lose a few pounds, and I know once I get started on holiday treats, that effort will be lost.  I hope to have a report from friends in just a few days.  No, I don't give food to people without tasting it. I've had snatches of flavors here and there, but no tastes of the final treats.

I did taste one result of the weekend's efforts, though.  I found this Egg Nog Coffee Cake on Pinterest, but a later Google search revealed that it was indeed a plain 'ole Betty Crocker recipe.  Nothing against Betty Crocker, but I guess I was expecting something more exotic!

This is a delicious coffee cake that is not to egg noggy for those anti-noggites out there.  There is plenty of nutmeg flavor (my Dad would be so proud) and a beautiful sweet cakeiness otherwise.

I obeyed the recipe's directives this time!  Oh wait, that's not true, I probably added more than 1-2 tablespoons of egg nog to the glaze. I can't think of any reason to refrigerate this overnight, other than convenience in baking the next morning.  I did and it turned out lovely, but I seriously doubt you would have to wait eight hours to bake this.

If you are planning for Christmas morning or a last minute holiday brunch this would be a delightful treat.  Easy and delicious!

Comments

MBMP said…
Thanks for sharing! This was indeed yummy!