And So We Eat Soup

I totally spaced on my menu plan today.  It was supposed to be Bread Night, but I forgot to start the bread maker!  And so tomorrow happened today.  That's okay, Wednesdays have kind of turned into soup nights for us.  They are simple to make and allow us to get out the door for Awana pretty quickly.

This Baked Potato Cheddar Soup is super-seriously thick.  Definitely qualifies as a "hearty" soup.  There is a lovely loaded baked potato flavor, especially when you add the bacon.

This recipe is pretty simple and lower fat options don't change the quality or flavor, I don't think.  I used skim milk and reduced fat sour cream since that is all I ever buy.  Everything else was as written in the recipe.  You might want to add a little extra salt, I found I added some at the table at least twice.  Shhhhh! Don't tell the sodium police!

Enjoy!

Comments