Sweet Beans

Vegetables need to be more interesting, in my opinion.  I know I need more veggies in my diet, but even the "dressed up" veggies seem fairly standard (i.e. boring).

I decided to try this Apple-Green Bean Saute just to change things up.  I liked the sweet taste to the beans, and didn't mind having the mixture of fruits and veggies in the same dish.  The others at my table were a little cautious, and both of them actually thought the apple was potato.  They were afraid to taste it because they didn't think the honey flavor on potato would taste good!

I made a few substitutions to the recipe.  (I'd be letting you down if I didn't.)  I used pecans instead of walnuts because that's what was here already.  I also used frozen beans, cut back on the honey by about half, and ditched the sesame seeds.  Perhaps you could say my concoction was "loosely" based on the linked recipe.  My substitutions work, though, and I was pleased with the result.

Comments