Not Fair Food

I was really looking forward to these Cheesy Corn Dog Muffins ever since I saw the recipe.  Corn dogs always make me think of my Mom, she loves them, loves going to fairs so she can get one.  I was hoping for some warm, cheesy, comfort food here.

I considered making this recipe with a corn muffin mix, but as I looked at the ingredient list, I saw this recipe was fairly different so I stuck to the original items.  Just as the muffins were coming out of the oven, though, I realized something--there was no sugar in this recipe!  Corn dog batter always has a touch of sweetness to it, and I was so disappointed to find that flavor lacking.  So much so that I tried first honey, then sugar sprinkled over the top of the muffin.  (The sugar was much better.)

Aside from the lack of sweetness, there was something about the egginess of this recipe that didn't appeal to me.  I didn't feel that the cheese flavor was strong enough either.

I so wanted to like this recipe, but I think in this case I'm left with a lot of unwanted leftovers and the search for a better corn dog at home.

Comments