Celebrating 5

My little one turns five tomorrow, and I am stunned!  How did time go by so quickly?!!

We celebrated over the weekend, and I'm pretty sure she's convinced the birthday is mostly over, despite the fact that she'll be celebrating at least three or four more times this week.

Our menu was simple, at the request of the birthday girl, hot dogs, macaroni and cheese, and, of course, cake!  I made this delicious and easy Mac & Cheese recipe in the crockpot.  Grilled hot dogs and cheesy brats (for those who are not hot dog fans).  Red velvet cake with The Best Frosting I've Ever Had.

Our theme was loosely based on Rapunzel and the movie Tangled.  I don't like to go 100% themey, it's just not my style, but I was pleased with our color combination.  I also love the fact that it's so nice in October.  I love entertaining outdoors, and my little one uses every opportunity to eat outside.



(Sorry, no cake pictures until after the candles were blown out and removed.)

Comments