A is for Apple Pie


The little person at my house just finished learning about the letter A at preschool, and coincidentally we made our first trip to the apple orchard today.  The fresh apple samples we had were delicious, and I was inspired to make pie.  That doesn't happen often, especially when inspiration involves peeling, chopping, and pie crust making.

This prompted a discussion between the hubby and I about pie recipes, because I mentioned that I would need to look for one.  He said, "You mean your mom didn't have one she always used?"

I replied, "I don't know if she even used a recipe for apple pie, and if she did, I certainly don't know what it was!"

I went in search of the very best apple pie recipe I could find, and I found it right here at Tasty Kitchen.  I don't know much about apple pie recipes, but I figured anything with 2 full cups of sugar couldn't be all bad.

Verdict:  Delicious.  Rich, but just right with a little vanilla ice cream slowly melting on top.  My only modifications from the recipe--using jonathan apples and adding a sprinkle of nutmeg, just like Mom.

Comments