Keeper! (Actually Two of Them)

I love it when I find a recipe for which I can think of all kinds of uses.  August was a tough month for me to meal plan, but I was looking forward to trying this recipe for Sloppy Pizza Burgers.  Of course, pizza flavors are good together in just about any formulation, but this seemed an easy way to get the taste of pizza without baking.

These are YUMMY!  I made a few modifications to include the ingredients I had on hand, but I don't think you can mess this up if you stick with regular pizza "stuff".  I used a little less ham, a little more pepperoni.  I added green pepper, onion, tomatoes, and mushrooms all chopped very finely.  I only had Italian shredded cheese on hand so that is what I substituted for cheddar. 

Why I loved this recipe?  It was easy and delicious.  It is totally adaptable to whatever I have on hand.  It would be a great dish to take to potlucks or when friends come over for an informal get together.  I would love to try some Italian sausage mixed in with the ground beef.  I think it would take on the pizza flavor even more.  I also want to try the recipe with the cheddar it calls for.

For dessert I tried these Cheesecake-Stuffed Peaches.  The peaches I've bought this summer have been delicious and actually worth buying.  (So often they are flavorless and mealy that I give up and quit buying.)  I knew I had to take advantage of the great flavor with this recipe.  It was very good.  My little one advised me that I should make them again.  My favorite part was the carmelized butter and sugar mixed with peach juice that oozed out around the bottom.  Awesome.

Comments