One-upping Chicken Nuggets

I don't buy chicken nuggets.  Not sure why, but I don't.  I'll buy other processed foods, including chicken patties, but not the nuggets.  Is that strange?

I was intrigued to use the nuggets in this recipe--Crispy Orange Chicken Bowl.  It seemed like a recipe that uses easy ingredients, but puts them together in a manner that improves them all.

The flavors in this dish are great.  My one complaint is that when I added the veggies, they watered down the whole mixture.  The next time I make this I'm going to figure out a way around That issue.  I happened to have apricot preserves on hand so that is what I used, but I doubt it matters.  The orange marmalade might have a little brighter flavor, but the apricot tasted just fine.

My daughter loved this!  She was eating the veggies (I used an asparagus stir fry mixture) right down and practically ignoring the nuggets.  I couldn't believe it.  Definitely a keeper for that reason alone--all of us need more veggies!

Comments