Little Girl Approved

I made a change to the menu tonight due to my final exam schedule.  It was a good change!  I found this recipe for Shrimp and Pasta in Lemon Cream Sauce from Buitoni and decided to give it a shot. 

Generally I'm disappointed in anything but fresh alfredo sauce.  However, the fresh lemon zest and juice made this taste wonderfully different.  My little one is on board for anything shrimp and pasta, so this was a BIG hit.

To finish our dinner I put together a fresh strawberry pie.  This was my first strawberry pie, and I have to admit I did a pretty good job!  I think I've finally figured out how to do pie crust.  I still don't know how to prettily crimp the edges, but the texture and taste were yummy!  The secret is to chill a stainless steel bowl, chill the shortening, and use ice water.

The pie recipe itself was a pretty standard strawberry pie much like this one. (Mine came from a compilation cookbook put together by some local organization.)  My recipe used 1 cup of water and 3 tablespoons of strawberry gelatin.

For the little one, this was again a favorite.  Her very first food was pie and she could eat a whole pint of strawberries in one sitting.  A little bit of heaven on earth for the little girl.

Comments