Fabulous French Toast

I'm not exactly why I put French Toast on the menu for Tuesday night.  Maybe it's because my little one has developed a serious fascination with it when we go to a local restaurant.  Anywho, when it came time to actually get ready for dinner, I was a little ticked at myself for putting it on the menu.  I suppose it's a simple enough thing to make, but I wanted more direction or something extra special.

I did a little digging on some of my favorite blogs and found this Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast from Full Bellies, Happy Kids.  It looked fantastic and also gave me a way to use up some leftover ricotta in the refrigerator. 

I ended up making half a recipe of the cheese mixture for four sandwiches.  It was the perfect amount.  Instead of just strawberries, I also added some blackberries to the topping.  Mmmmm mmmmm.  Served with this bacon baked in the oven, it was a great hit.

Comments