The Easter Leftovers

Coloring Easter eggs is always fun and produces beautiful results like this...


But then you have figure out what to do with them all, right?  This year I was prepared.  During the last year I had come across one of those collaborative church cookbooks with older recipes.  Included was this recipe for Hard Boiled Egg Casserole.



This was the extra special, casserole version of "goldenrod eggs" that Mom used to make.  I only made a half recipe, even though we had more than enough eggs to make the full recipe.  I wanted to make sure we liked it before ending up with a 9x13 pan of unwanted leftovers.

I needn't have worried.  This is yummy comfort food.  The cheese added great flavor and the potato chips added great crunch.  Of course, the bacon was good because it's bacon.  The only thing missing was biscuits.  I didn't have time to make any and they would have been the perfect side for this.

This is an easy way to use up Easter eggs but it would also be a good breakfast casserole.  I might even make it again before next Easter!

Comments