The Bunny Cake


For some reason, a Bunny Cake seemed like a good idea. 

We are celebrating Easter at my sister's house tomorrow and I volunteered to bring a Bunny Cake.  There were a couple of cute designs widely shown online, so I gave my little one the choice of which she liked.  She chose this version featured a multitude of places.

I used a funfetti cake mix and the frosting featured for the similar designed cake at Divine Dinner Party.  While the frosting tastes delicious, it was TOO thick.  I added a little extra milk and should have added more.  I fought and fought just to get coverage on all the cake surfaces.

Finally frosted, I added coconut all around and tinted coconut for the inside of the ears.  The eyes are snack-sized Reece's Peanut Butter cups.  The nose is a conversation heart (a Disney variety, if you look closely you'll see Mickey ears).  The whiskers are chocolate licorice--definitely not my first choice, but Walmart was rather picked over when we went for supplies Friday evening.  Starburst jelly beans are on the bow tie.

The next challenge is getting the whole thing transported tomorrow!

Comments

Trevor said…
So we know about Santa, but what about the Easter bunny? is it real?
Ashley said…
That is SO cute!! I love it! We just had an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen.