Putting It Off

I've been waiting to post because I've been wrestling with an opinion about Tuesday's new recipe. I'm still not completely sure how I feel about this Shrimp Risotto, but since I'm somewhat ambivilent, I guess I won't miss the recipe.

I used my favorite Oven Risotto recipe as the base and at the end added the shrimp, corn, tomatoes, and spinach. I did not add the garlic and basil and maybe that was what was missing. In the past, the basic risotto had more than enough flavor on it's own. I was concerned the garlic and basil would overpower the other flavors. I guess I should have followed the original recipe more closely.

I will say that this was a beautiful dish. I loved the colorful veggies and shrimp. I'm so disappointed that it didn't turn out better because the daughter is into all things shrimp. Maybe I'll try again with different seasoning or different veggies. Or maybe not. Continued ambivilence.

Comments