Best Pancakes Ever

A menu plan serves its purpose. It keeps me on track, eliminates worry, helps me shop--all good things. Sometimes it pays to ditch the plan.

This was one of those days. Since it is National Pancake Day, and my little one loves all things pancake related, I decided to make pancakes for supper tonight. I originally intended to keep it simple--maybe throw in some chocolate chips, but nothing outrageous.

Today I happened across this recipe for Cinnamon Bun Pancakes on the Tasty Kitchen blog. They sounded spectacular and I printed off the recipe without hesitation.

These are soooooooooooooooo tasty. A sweet little bite of heaven on a plate. I prepared the recipe just as indicated and topped the pancakes with a little icing glaze. (The glaze recipe as suggested by one of the recipe's commenters: 2 Tbsp melted butter, 2 Tbsp milk, 3/4 cup of powdered sugar.) We had bacon from the oven and apple slices on the side--a little salt and a little tart to balance out the sugar.

I probably won't be making these pancakes for everyday, but they are perfect for birthdays, holidays, special Saturdays, company, etc.

Comments

KHump89 said…
Okay, I am gonna have to admit those sound amazing! And I say admit because I am probably the only person in the world who does not like pancakes. I don't really dislike them, but if there is another option I will probably take it. Weird, I know. But these sound absolutely fantastic. Also, the second I saw the word bacon in the post, I was pretty much sold!
Heidi said…
I'm always a little indifferent on pancakes, too. I've become a pancake pro because the daughter loves them, but I personally don't enjoy syrup enough to make them worthwhile. The glaze as a topping instead of syrup is what really sets this recipe apart. You should make them!