What Took Me So Long?

I've been accumulating recipes for quite some time. This recipe for Sloppy Joe Hot Dish has been hanging out in my collection for over three years. I think I've even had it on the menu plan before, but not gotten around to making it. Now I just feel silly.

This is a simple twist on basic sloppy joes. Instead of serving the meat in a bun, it is layered between crescent rolls and baked. Oh, and there's a layer of cheese too. Nothing wrong there!

I made the recipe and followed the directions exactly. (If I keep this up I'm going to tarnish my reputation!) Another time I might try something other than crescent rolls for the top and bottom layer--that distinctly "crescent" flavor is there, but otherwise it stays!

Comments

Jen said…
This reminds me of something my mom always used to make when I was younger... She would take the rolls and press them into a cupcake pan, then fill the center with the meat. It's pretty good I'd definitely recommend it!
HRottier said…
Ooooo, I like that idea Jen. Thanks!