More Chicken and Cheese

I've mentioned in the past about this family's love of chicken and cheese. I gravitate toward recipes that contain these two fine ingredients because I know we'll almost always like them.

This recipe for Cheddar Chicken from Real Simple delivers everything the name promises. It is a nice crunchy, flavorful coating without being too much of anything.

I used two large boneless, skinless chicken breasts and cut them into strips. For the coating I used Ritz crackers and shredded cheddar. Instead of garlic cloves I just threw in a little garlic powder. The coating came out crunchy but not too dry, and the chicken was juicy on the inside.

I think I prefer this recipe to the Betty Crocker Cheesy Chicken Strips. The coating combination is a little more balanced and doesn't require any dipping sauce. The dish stands just fine on its own.

Comments