Soup Month

It turns out that November has been soup month. I didn't really realized that I had put so many soup recipes on the menu plan, but so far it's worked out okay.
Today was Taco Soup and weatherwise it was a perfect soup kind of day. We were promised 48 degrees and sunny and instead got 40 degrees, overcast, and windy. Not a good trade-off and a nice hot soup was comforting. I made the recipe just as directed on Monday and then refrigerated it until today. To minimize last minute prep, I warmed the soup in the crockpot during the afternoon for our Awana meal tonight. We topped it with Fritos and cheddar cheese.
While I was debating what to prepare as sides, I ran across this recipe that I had saved for Mexican Cheese Corn Bread. It's pretty good. The cumin flavor is very subtle. I had a Martha White sweet corn bread mix in the pantry so that is what I used. I don't know how different a standard Jiffy mix would be in this recipe, but I wonder if the savory flavors would come out more if it weren't competing with the sweet flavors. Maybe I'll find out another time.

Comments