Crabby Crescents, Happy People

Want the yummy goodness of crab ragoon without the hassle of keeping won ton wrappers on hand or deep frying? Here you go. This recipe for Crab Crescents is absolutely delightful. The filling mixture is gooey but didn't blurp out of the crescent rolls as I expected. The mixture is a good balance of flavors without being too bland or too heavy on the green onion.

I prepared the recipe as directed except (why is there always an except?): I didn't have quite a full cup of Swiss cheese so I threw in a smattering of shredded mild cheddar. I didn't brush the rolls with melted butter. They're crescent rolls, it's hardly necessary. I used the 1/3 less fat cream cheese and the reduced fat crescent rolls and I doubt it changed the flavor a bit. In fact, the full fat versions of both would be very rich. Baking time for these was more like 18-19 minutes, but I had a bread pudding going at the same time so that could explain it.

This is definitely a keeper!

Comments