Getting the Girls Together

I had the opportunity to host a Pampered Chef party last night, and I love any excuse to buy fun cooking stuff, get together with friends, and eat yummy food. The featured Pampered Chef recipe I chose was these Tuxedo Brownie Cups. They were delicious, especially with the warmth of the brownies. In addition to the Brownie Cups, I made this recipe for Fresh Fruit Bruschetta from Our Best Bites. I had been wanting to make them for some time and I was not disappointed. Fresh, flavorful, and very tasty they were.
In addition to the sweet treats, I was looking for some balance in a savory snack. Hummus and pita/vegetables sounded good and then I remembered reading somewhere about trying homemade pita bread. I tried this recipe for Peppy's Pita Bread from All Recipes. What a fun recipe to make! I used my breadmaker for the dough and then did the rest by hand. The bread got unbelievably puffy! Funny thing, though, for the first time in eight years I set off our smoke alarm even though I didn't burn the bread. Perhaps a puff of flour came out when I shut the oven door or else it was the high heat of the oven on a warm day. Anywho, what I learned on baking time was err too low. If the pockets get browned almost at all, they end up much dryer when they cool. I can't wait to try them again.

Comments