Catching a Breath

May is always busy and this year was no exception. Suddenly it's June and I'm trying to figure out where the last 31 days have gone. Then I remember I finished classes for the semester, visited Mickey and the Princesses, and coached my little flowergirl down the aisle for the first time. We used the Memorial Day weekend as an opportunity to catch our breath, catch up at home, and catch up with friends and family.
On a lazy holiday weekend, I love nothing more than something a little special for Saturday breakfast. I had saved this recipe for Easy Orange Rolls from an old Southern Living Magazine I snagged at a garage sale. It was easy to prepare; I put it together the night before and just popped it in the oven in the morning. I really liked the flavor, but wasn't impressed in the french bread dough. I think I'll try the mixture again using crescent rolls or a frozen bread dough.
Verdict? I'm still looking for the easy version of my Aunt Carolyn's more labor-intensive but absolutely fabulous orange rolls that I enjoyed growing up. These aren't that, but they make a nice weekend treat and I'll try them again.

Comments