Even Steven

I've always loved Seinfeld and definitely identified with Jerry's sentiment that he is Even Steven. So far my week has been an Even Steven week for recipes. On Monday I made this recipe for Cheesy Baked Pasta with Spinach and Artichokes. I knew this was a gamble, but I was counting on our enjoyment of both artichoke and spinach dips to carry us through. Surprisingly, it was the artichokes, not the spinach that didn't seem to fit. Perhaps if I'd used fresh artichokes instead of canned we would have been happier, but there was definitely a funky flavor going on. So out it goes. My recipe books are getting too full anyway.
Tonight was a much better night, though. I've had this recipe for Barbecue Chicken Burritos taking up space in my cookbook for ages. I can't believe I waited this long!! They were delicious. If you like BBQ Chicken pizza, you'll definitely like these. I did not add the toppings the recipe calls for, but they did not need them! Now if only I was better at wrapping a burrito!

Comments