Feeling Irish

We'll be busy with Awana roller skating on St. Patrick's Day so I celebrated a week early. I found this recipe for Slow-Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage in Food Network magazine and decided to try it. I ended up baking the whole thing in the oven because I didn't get started early enough in the day! There were a lot of vegetables and I didn't even make the cabbage! As for the sauce, the flavor was a nice addition to the meat, but I felt like it was really thin. Even with extra sour cream, it didn't thicken much.
Because we were having corned beef, I decided to try Irish Soda Bread. I found this bread maker recipe and gave it a whirl. It was missing salt. Definitely missing salt. Otherwise a nice warm, soft bread. I doubt I'll make this recipe again. I'll scout out some better possibilities.

Comments