Summer Flavors

Since my in-laws came for a visit last weekend, I found a few new recipes to try in addition to some of my old favorites. The new ones were this recipe for Chocolate Peanut Crunch Ice Cream Cake from Simple and Delicious and this Grilled Pineapple from All Recipes. The dessert was good, but there needs to be a layer of something other than ice cream on the bottom. I think I'd use the peanut butter oreos to make a traditional crumb crust and then also make some of the chocolate and oreo mixture for the middle. The pineapple was good, but I couldn't really taste much of marinade flavoring.
As for the old favorites, I used this Teriyaki Marinade recipe on grilled chicken, the roll recipe from my breadmaker manual, and made the Better Homes and Garden recipe for fruit salsa.

Comments