Salad, Salad, and More Salad

I'm looking for new ways to use all the CSA fresh veggies. So tonight I deviated from the monthly meal plan to use up the fresh spinach, red lettuce and other greens, as well as use meat from the freezer. I ran across this recipe for Beef Kabob Spinach Salad in a Taste of Home book. The salad itself was pretty good. The marinade ingredients were awesome, and I'll definitely use it in the future. My substitutions this time around? I didn't use strictly spinach for the greens. I didn't have plain yogurt so used sour cream instead. No hot sauce so I added some red pepper flakes. If I make this again in the future, I want to make the dressing and let the flavors blend for much longer, maybe even overnight. For your next cookout--try this marinade. So yummy!

Comments