Freshness of Spring


Although the day started with rain, it ended with perfect sunshine and breeze. Our dinner was a lot of fresh things, including veggies from the CSA. In addition to filets from the 1/8 of a cow we purchased this winter, I made this Fruited Spinach Salad from a Taste of Home book. My variations? Because I had fresh strawberries on hand and no raspberry jam, I used orange marmalade and the strawberries. I really liked the bright citrusy flavor along with the strawberries. It was a nice change from the strawberry spinach salad I usually make.

One of Dave's favorite desserts is rhubarb crunch, at least he always talks fondly of the one his Mom used to make. I tried this recipe for Rhubarb Strawberry Crunch from All Recipes and was not disappointed, even if I did only make half a recipe!

Comments