My New Favorite Flavor

I've really taken a liking to curry flavor, so my eye has been out for new recipes using curry. Since it's finally gotten warm, Curried Chicken Salad Pockets from a 30 Minute Taste of Home cookbook seemed like a great idea. It was very good and perfect for a meal outside under the pergola.

Ingredients:

21/2 c cooked, cubed chicken
3/4 c mayonnaise
1/2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 c chopped almonds
1 onion finely diced
3/4 c chopped celery
3/4 c halved green grapes

Combine mayonnaise, soy sauce, lemon juice and curry powder. Stir in rest of ingredients and refrigerate. Serve in Pita Pocket Bread.

My modifications: I used red grapes instead of green (and it was prettier because there was already green from the celery). I used only half an onion and it was plenty. I toasted my almonds before adding them. Since I didn't have pitas on hand, I just used regular bread.

Comments