Weekend Breakfasts


Something about the weekend inspires to do more than make instant oatmeal. Maybe it's the extra time or the fact that all of us are around to eat at the same time.


On Saturday I made one of my favorites: French toast scramble. It's basically the same ingredients as French toast, except that you cube all the bread, soak it in the egg mixture and cook it all together in the skillet at the same time. It's a lot less work than traditional French toast. Instead of syrup, you throw a little sugar in just at the end. Or, if you are Dave, you add syrup too. Yesterday I used cinnamon bread so that made it extra tasty.


For Sunday morning, my little human alarm clock was set super early and thus we had some extra time for baking before church. I made a blueberry muffin batter, but substituted fresh strawberries for the blueberries. I think in the future I'll try a mix--I bet it would be good.

Comments

MBMP said…
The French toast scramble sounds really good. How do you go about cooking it?