A Busy Food (and everything else) Weekend

This weekend was jam-packed with events. I think every thing we went to also involved the making of food, so I tried lots of new recipes.

For our Cinco de Mayo party on Saturday I made Pork and Pineapple Fajitas (modified chicken recipe), Tres Leches (3 Milk Cake), Dessert Nachos, and Apple Enchiladas. The dessert recipes were all fabulous! Now to finish off the leftovers in my fridge without gaining an extra 20 pounds! I also found recipes online for non-alcoholic sangria and raspberry margaritas which both turned out great too.

On Sunday we had a potluck at church and I was scrounging for energy and ideas. I ended up taking cheesy hashbrown casserole (in a crockpot with ranch dressing mix added to kick up the flavor) and orange glazed carrots. The hashbrowns were demolished despite a considerable overabundance of food. There were carrots left over, but I'll reheat them alongside something else for dinner this week. Now if I could only get some ideas for main dishes. Ah well, the same old problem returns. No surprise!

Comments