Slow Cooker Stroganoff

Busy weeks call for easy meals, and nothing is easier than letting dinner cook all day while you are busy to doing something else. For this past crazy busy week, I made this Slow Cooker Pork Chop Stroganoff. 

Normally, when a slow cooker recipe requires browning the meat ahead of time, I choose not to because I don't like the extra step. I had a few minutes this time around, and decided to give it a shot. I'm not sure it made much of a difference, so if you don't have time for that step, I'd say skip it.

This is a super easy recipe. I'd say if you have the time to let it cook the longest time possible, do it. Ours cooked all day and weren't super tender. However, the gravy on these pork chops more than made up for less than tender meat. It was so good! The mushrooms were also a good addition, but if you are anti-mushroom, feel free to leave those out too.

This is a great alternative to beef stroganoff. It's not terribly different, but it just enough different to be interesting. Enjoy.

Comments