Spaghetti In Cognito

Spaghetti, for some households, is a regular staple menu item. I know there are some families who have a variety at least once a week. For some reason, that has never been true at my house. I've got no problem with spaghetti, but it's just not on my radar. 

This One Pot Beef and Orzo caught my attention because one pot meals often clock in at my 30 minute threshold for teaching day meals. I can usually count on them to be easy to put together as soon as I walk in the door at the end of the day. As I started making this recipe, I realized that it was really just a one pot version of spaghetti.

The recipe is an easy one, with very ordinary ingredients, which makes it easy to prepare. The most exotic item is the orzo. Truthfully, you could probably use any pasta, you'll just need to adjust the cooking time accordingly. I liked this dish better than plain spaghetti because the addition of the beef broth made it slightly less tomato-ey, always a good thing in my book.

If you are looking for an easy meal that feels familiar, but also isn't the same old, same old, this is a great choice. It's quick to make and easy to eat, the perfect combination.

Comments

Hannah Hospodar said…
Heidi, you just spoke directly to a college kids heart! I will have to try this out, especially with my gluten free noodles.
Christian Avila said…
Im a big fan of cooking and trying new recipes. I will try to cook this next time I run out of meal preps in my fridge.