Baked Turkey Empanadas

As always, I'm on the lookout for creative ways to celebrate Taco Tuesday, and use up all the ground turkey in my freezer. 

These Baked Turkey Empanadas were the perfect solution. I'll recommend that you allow yourself plenty of time to prep the filling, cut the piecrust, and get everything assembled. It wasn't an especially hard recipe, but there were several steps that made the time zoom by. I decided to swap taco sauce for the salsa since I had just a little left in an already opened jar. I also added a little cheese before closing up the empanadas, because cheese.

These were very good and the recipe made quite a few! We are still working on the leftovers a few days later. They are a fun way to taco, any day of the week.

Comments

Unknown said…
Wow these look so good and seem relatively simple to make. I will have to give this recipe a try for myself and hopefully not screw it up somehow.