Snacks Are Important

It is a busy season if you have a madrigal singer in the house, and I do. This past week has been filled with rehearsals and performances with more still to come. The performers are tired, and wowzers are they hungry!

I decided to build a little snack tray to get them through a long rehearsal and performance day. One of the things on the tray was this Cinnamon Sugar Chex Mix. See it there next to the cuties at the back? I ended up making mine with Crispix, and I don't think it really matters. Use whatever Chex-like cereal you want.

This is a delicious snack mix, and I think it may be what I gift friends this holiday season. It's pretty simple to make, can be relatively allergy friendly, and it just keeps growing on me. The only drawback is that it doesn't yield that much. If I do decide to gift it, I'll be looking for some ways to gain efficiency.

I think the best thing about this mix is the salty butter that comes through under the sweetness of the cinnamon sugar mix, so make sure you use salted butter in this recipe. It almost has the same qualities as a delicious churro. Definitely worth adding to your holiday baking!

Comments