Good Things Come in Small Packages

We are a household that celebrates Pi Day. First, we like pie, but also there is significant nerdom that make celebrating a requirement.

This year I was looking for a non-traditional pie option. You know me, why go for the expected when a little off the beaten path is always more fun. Enter: Bananas Foster Hand Pies. Bananas Foster has quickly become a favorite flavor around here. Plus, this recipe had easy ingredients and not many of them. 

I knew, without a doubt, that the hardest part would be the hand pie part--filling and crimping them. Fortunately, my previous hand pie experience paid off and these assembled relatively smoothly. My circles were slightly smaller than the recipe called for, so I got 10 total pies. I might have been able to have 11, but I finally gave up on re-rolling the dough scraps.

These were so good! I ended up adding 3-5 additional minutes of baking time so they were nice and golden. They were extra tasty when combined with ice cream and caramel sauce. I would make these again in a heartbeat.

Comments